reverie of sorts

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Remembering you

Been more than a month since I wrote about Kinabalu.

Tonight we went to Dreamer's Cafe aka Ai Qin Hai. Well, we enjoyed Acid Bar a couple of weeks back and thought maybe going for something chinese would be a nice change. So yes, Dreamer's Cafe is your non-alcohol waterhole with unplugged singers who take dedications.

I thought it would be a soothing, relaxy Friday hangout. It was, don't get me wrong. But the moment the pair, especially the guy started singing (we arrived just at the start of the second set), I was reminded of Ishi. Not that I didn't expect that coming but I didn't think it would still hit that strongly.

I think it was the second song. He did David Tao's Beach. I nearly walked out to get some air. It was all too familiar. Uncomfortably familiar.

I thought about Ishi. How he admired David Tao, how he would sing his songs, how he would strum the guitar, how he would like an audience to appreciate his voice, how he was trying to make it big.

Two months later and it would be a year. I wonder how you're doing, Ishi Lau Gek How...

I didn't walk out to get fresh air. I tried distracting myself by sipping my drink and snacking on the chips. Maybe it's just the overall effect of chinese ballads. They make you feel. More. Doesn't help that it was an unplugged set.

I still miss you dude. We still do. Rosy mentioned that she'll probably cut a online tribute for you during the next Superband period. I think that takes a lot.
Hope you're doing well...

3 Comments:

At 10:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been quite some time n its still quite hard to get over it... sometimes I get the feeling that he is far away at another end of the world doing his own thing, that's why we dun contact..

chiang

 
At 1:30 pm, Blogger aaron said...

:) He probably is Chiang..

 
At 8:47 pm, Blogger ~Summer~ said...

he definitely is.. and he's laughing at our comments too.. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home