reverie of sorts

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Me, Tech and Renee

I had a day this week when no one texted me. Even after I sent out some SMSes, there was no reply. Ok, so maybe people aren’t glued to their phones that much.

That night, I was on the phone with my gal and somehow, I wondered out loud about not receiving a reply from someone. And I think I said something like, “Strange, I didn’t get any messages today.” Even after I said that, I still didn’t think there was anything amiss. Then she said, “Why don’t you try switching off your phone, then on it again?”

Hm. So I did. Once it was switched back on, a steady stream of 16 messages flowed right through. And it was just soooo ridiculous thinking about it since I didn’t assume anything was technically malfunctioning.

Yea, I know it’s the long-standing feud between tech and me again but this made me realise three things.

1. Technology is fallible. No one should depend entirely on it, especially for communications.
2. We can live without technology. I survived. To add to that, I even managed to meet with Qiyou for lunch even though I received his message only at night. Miraculously, the failure of SMS didn’t stop that lunch from happening. Life goes on.
3. My gal is there for a reason. Just like my coffee ribs encounter, she points out salient things which I am completely oblivious to, even though they are staring right back at me. In the words of Rosy after I told her about this incident, “You can’t live without Renee.” Of course Chiang had to substantiate that with how she plans my holidays.


I’m quite sure I didn’t need the SMS failure to know all the above :)

3 Comments:

At 12:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey its also lucky of tech failure, that your comp isn't log off. And thats why we had lunch that day!

 
At 9:28 am, Blogger aaron said...

Precisely! That's why we will definitely be able to survive even without tech! haa

 
At 11:25 am, Blogger ~Summer~ said...

hehe.. i like this post.. and it's sweet to noe that there is someone you can't live without.. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home