reverie of sorts

Friday, July 18, 2008

Growing Up

I got the primary school gang out last night. Been quite a few months since everyone met together…

And it was quite the usual getting updates- new wedding, misplaced rings (yes 2), new jobs, new houses…

What wasn’t new was the feeling I got seeing everyone together. It’s almost like I made it happen to relive moments from our days of childhood. I really miss that. Sure, we talk different, dress different and look just slightly different now but there was still this strong connection in the bunch. Nine were ok for yesterday but only seven showed. And that was still ok cos we still knew what was going on with those who didn’t show… briefly at least.

For a while during our chat, I felt like I kinda spaced out and was looking at the bunch from another dimension. Like I was dead and looking on at how everyone grew up and was getting on with their lives… It feels good to be able to have everyone together even though we left BRPS when we were only 12.

If Wesley Gibson from Wanted asked me the same question he did at the end of the movie, “What the fuck have you done lately?”, I would have something to say.

I relived my primary school days. Momentarily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home